if you asked us what we think of all the hype you read about plant-based proteins, we’d have to agree and say, it’s all true. there’s no doubt plant proteins are good for you and have the potential to improve your health. but then again, we’re creators of plant-based protein snacks, so what else would we say?
so to get to the bottom of this and to show you just how good plant-based proteins really are, we turned to registered dietitian, nutritionist and wellness consultant, dina aronson to get her expert opinion. we asked her for the top health benefits of plant-based protein.
6 reasons plant-based proteins are good for you
- proteins from plant sources come naturally packaged with essential and health-protective nutrients such as fiber, vitamin c, and antioxidants, which are not present in animal proteins.
- by consuming plant-based proteins, you can reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- plant sources of protein are low in, or free of potentially damaging fats (such as saturated and trans fats), and are either low in total fat, or contain healthy essential fatty acids.
- protein-rich plant foods are far less likely than protein-rich animal foods to cause food poisoning.
- animal proteins are often contaminated with pesticides, herbicides, and chemical pollutants. Even if plant proteins are grown with chemicals, the concentration found in plant protein is far less than that found in animal protein.
- plant proteins are often used for weight management because they are typically lower in calories, and provide a feeling of fullness due to the fiber and/or water content. if you compare a beef burger to a boca burger, you’ll see you can eat two veggie burgers for twice the protein and fewer calories:
- boca burger – fat 1g, chol 0mg, protein 17g, cals 90.
- ground beef burger (80% lean) – fat 11g, chol 60mg, protein 17g, cals 175.
these are just a few of the reasons plant-based proteins are good for you and why you’ll only find plant proteins in i won! organic snacks. we could’ve innovated a totally different kind of protein snack, but it was important for us to keep it as healthy and clean as possible. it’s just another great way to incorporate more plant-based protein into your diet. i won! protein snacks are made with 100% organic, non-gmo pea protein and offer a healthy balance of macronutrients and muscle-building amino acids.
it’s that #iwonfeeling!
i won! organics