dips are made for sharing and are a tantalizing way to cozy up to someone special for some sweet lovin! so grab a bag or two of i won! protein chips and tuck into this delicious mango salsa from i won! organics ambassador megan tossi.
i won! ambassador: megan tossi (@thenuttycrohnie)
lifestyle: student, fitness enthusiast, crohn’s sufferer
favorite i won! chips: sea salt
following a healthy lifestyle is often a choice but sometimes it’s a necessity as in the case of i won! organics ambassador megan tossi. diagnosed with crohn’s disease at a very young age, megan found traditional medicine only aggravated her condition.
i have tons of determination and love to prove others wrong. despite all this, my life was a wreck. i could barely eat or drink anything. i couldn’t keep food in because of how much pain it gave me. all i wanted to do was exercise because it helped me feel better. but i began to notice that i grew tired faster, and surfing became way harder for me. this realization depressed me. surfing is something i really enjoy.
so she turned to holistic healing and has found a way to manage her disease and live life the way she wants to – surfing, skateboarding, weightlifting, playing basketball, and creating delicious recipes for her instagram followers like this one for mango salsa.
I changed my mindset and am starting to enjoy life more again.
sweet mango salsa
- 1 cup of diced tomato
- 1 diced mango
- 1 diced jalapeño without seeds
- 2 handfuls of cilantro
- ¼ cup of lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 tsp of honey
- 2 pinches of salt
- put the cilantro in a blender and blend until chopped.
- combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- add a little at a time into a blender and pulse for desired consistency.
- place in a separate bowl and add more until you do blend the whole batch.
- Consume with the world’s best protein chips! @iwonorganics
living with crohn’s is a daily struggle, but megan wakes up every morning with determination that she will get stronger and healthier. she’s found strength in the things she loves and comfort from holistic medicine. for megan, that #iwonfeeling comes from:
- drumming for my church and experiencing the beauty of the worship.
- i also love seeing my lifting gains.
- having a day free of pain due to my Crohn’s.
- catching a dope wave is such a thrill!
follow i won! organics ambassador megan tossi on instagram @thenuttycrohnie